Sacramento Medi-Cal / Medicaid Planning Lawyer
Are You Or A Loved One Getting Older In Sacramento And Looking To Preserve Assets To Avoid Being Wiped Out By Astronomical Health Care Costs And Want To Explore Your Life Planning Options?
Services We Provide
- Medi-Cal / Medicaid Planning
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care Planning
- Hospice Care
- Nursing Home Or Assisted Living Care
- In-Home Care
- Other Long Term Care
Why Plan NOW (And Not Tomorrow):
- Gives you time to find alternatives to pay for care, so you can preserve hard‐earned assets
- Allows you to keep all or most of your assets, rather than making avoidable payments for care
- To leave your loved ones what you’ve worked a lifetime for
- Makes the most of Medi-Cal / Medicaid’s safe harbor provisions
- Medi-Cal / Medicaid eligibility is very complex and the rules change frequently. Even simple errors can result in a denial of benefits. We can take care of this for you.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (916) 674-2066 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day. Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.
Why Choose Senior Citizen Lawyer To Help With Medi-Cal / Medicaid Planning?
- Custom Plans & Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank documents. Your plan is YOUR plan. Together we create plans that best protects what you’ve built and fulfills your goals.
- We’re Here For You Afterwards – After creating your plan, we’ll be here for you for years to come as your assets, situation or wishes change.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Efficient – Our approach is to be fast, efficient and not complicate cases.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get clear and concise understanding of each step of the process.
- Highly Rated & Reviewed – Rated 5-stars by respected legal website Avvo.com. 35+ reviews on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Proven Track Record – We’ve helped hundreds of families like you create Estate Plans that suit their needs.
- Personalized Attention – We respect and understand that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- Where We Serve You – Our office is in Fair Oaks and we are physically meeting with clients in our office as well as doing consultations by phone or virtually. We also help create Estate Plans throughout the Sacramento Area and all of California.
- 2nd Opinions & Plan Updates Available – Already have a lawyer or a plan? We can provide you with a 2nd opinion (and peace of mind) or update your existing plan for any change in circumstances or new domicile to California.
Nothing is more difficult than losing a loved one. Immediately afterwards, no worst time exists to navigate the legal, financial, and tax complexities of probate and estate administration. We understand and know how emotional and stressful this can be. We help you honor your loved one’s wishes and settle their estates properly and efficiently.
About Life Planning And Medi-Cal / Medicaid In California
Life planning encompasses many aspects of one’s life as they move into the “2nd half” of their lifetime. Much of the focus ends up being financial and health care related and includes Medi-Cal / Medicaid eligibility and planning, alzheimers / dementia, in-home care, nursing or assisted living homes, hospice, and other long term care. For business owners, it typically includes a plan for whether the business will be passed onto the next generation or sold. Those with significant assets can plan to avoid or minimize estate taxes while protecting their assets through the right trust(s).
Medi-Cal / Medicaid offers more comprehensive long‐term care coverage than the Medicare program, and because long‐term care costs are so high, many middle-class seniors rely on Medi-Cal / Medicaid to pay for their care. A common misconception about Medi-Cal / Medicaid is that you have to impoverish yourself and your family completely before you can qualify for long‐term care coverage. This is simply not true
When Should You Plan
There are 2 categories for Medi-Cal / Medicaid Planning. They are crisis planning and pre‐need planning.
This is for people who are facing an imminent need for long‐term care of some kind whether it be alzheimers, nursing home, hospice, or other care. Because of the intensive nature of legal work involved, this type of planning tends to be more expensive than pre‐need planning.
Pre-Need Medi-Cal / Medicaid Planning
The best way to plan for long‐term care is to do so well before the need arises. By beginning early enough, it allows you to take advantage of the five year look‐back period among other benefits.
How We Help Clients Protect Their Assets
Actual Words Clients Have Used To Describe Us & Their Experience:
“an invaluable asset to our community”, “professional, practical, proficient and personable”, “really listen to you, for what you need and want”, “they are athletes of their field”, “my experience with them has been exceptional”, “professional, fast, thorough, charming and personable”, “explained all the legal language in a way we could understand”, “they go above and beyond expectations”, “we came away with a very concise picture of what was in our trust”, “everyone in their office was wonderful and very professional”, “alleviated alot of uncertainty and allowed me to focus on my family”, “trust, confidence and friendly”, “friendly, considerate and professional”, “very responsive and willing to go the extra mile”, “I was very impressed with the time and attention to detail”, “handled my family’s situation with the utmost professionalism and sensitivity”, “extremely knowledgeable regarding the steps we needed to take to protect ourselves and our mothers assets”
If these things are what you are looking for in a Law Firm then contact us by calling (916) 237-9973 or complete the form on the right, to see if we are right for your situation and how we can help you achieve your goals.
Our office is in Fair Oaks though we help individuals and families all over California. We can also do consultations over the phone, virtually or in-person. Wherever you are located, we can help you.
What To Do Next
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation and goals to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Since time is often critical to ensure the best result, contact us now by calling (916) 674-2066 or complete the Form on this page above to schedule a consultation. All information is confidential.
Your use of this website or receipt of information posted on this website does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Senior Citizen Lawyer. Contacting the Law Offices of Senior Citizen Lawyer or one of its attorneys through this site's online contact forms or any phone numbers listed on this website also does NOT create an attorney-client relationship with the Law Offices of Senior Citizen Lawyer.
Real Clients, Real Reviews
CHOOSE WHO WILL MAKE YOUR DECISIONS
What will happen if you become incapacitated and can no longer make decisions? Someone will have to step in and make decisions for you. It might be your spouse, but what if he or she is also incapacitated or there is another legal issue? Without an estate plan, the government can take over. Fortunately, an estate attorney can ensure that won’t happen. Your attorney can create a healthcare directive and power of attorney, so you can choose who will be in charge if you’re incapacitated. These documents will even give you control over how the decisions are made. You want to live and die with dignity, and that’s possible with help from an estate lawyer.
DO YOU NEED A WILL OR TRUST?
Are you looking for an “estate attorney near me” to create a will or trust, but you aren’t sure which is the right choice? Your estate lawyer will help you determine which document allows you to reach your goals. First, you must understand the qualities of each. Wills determine how property is distributed after death. They must go through probate and can be contested. A living trust is private and doesn’t go through probate. The document can go into effect when the creator becomes incapacitated, and it is also used to distribute property upon death. Due to the complexity of both documents, you should consult with an estate planning attorney before choosing one.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN ESTATE PLAN?
If you pass away without a will or trust, the court will distribute your property based on the Laws of Intestacy Succession. The law determines the order your assets are distributed to your descendants. If the court is unable to locate any surviving relatives, the property will be transferred to the state of California. Instead of leaving it up to the courts, you can take control of your estate with help from an attorney. Your California estate planning attorney will ensure that your property is distributed based on your wishes.
AVOID PROBATE WITH AN ESTATE PLAN
Probate is long, stressful, and expensive. Probate lasts around a year, even if no one contests the validity of the will. If there are legal challenges, the process can take longer, and your descendants won’t receive the property until it’s over. An estate lawyer from Senior Citizen Lawyer can go over options to avoid probate. Options include gifting your assets, creating a living trust, or owning joint property.
Our Law Office is conveniently located at 9701 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Fair Oaks, California 95628, US